Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Traditional Tiramisu

Why is it that Tiramisu has the perfect combination of ingredients?! I just can't stop eating it! I haven't made Tiramisu in such a long time that I was starting to miss it dearly. It is so light and fluffy and hits all the right spots when you are craving something sweet.

I was looking for a good recipe online and could not find one that I really liked until I came upon "The Best Tiramisu you will ever Make" by Chef Dennis! I had to try it out and see if it truly is the best out there. Many people make Tiramisu different ways and I myself have made it differently but something in that title made me try it. Thank you Chef Dennis for inspiring me and opening up the best Tiramisu ever! I'm not gonna lie, it was pretty darn good. I did change some things in my recipe to my liking and to make it my own version of the famous Tiramisu recipe. I don't think you could ever go wrong with a Tiramisu cake, they have all turned out great for me but this one is simple and delicious at the same time.





Here is the best Tiramisu ever!

Ingredients:
  • 16 ounce heavy whipping cream
  • 6 egg yolks
  • 3/4 cup cane sugar
  • 8 ounce mascarpone cheese
  • 2 packages Italian Lady fingers
  • 3/4 cup cold coffee
  • 2 tablespoons amaretto flavored Liquor or your choice of flavor
  • cocoa
Directions:
  1.  In mixer, whip heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks. Set aside.
  2. Combine egg yolks and cane sugar in small pot. This small pot will go on top of a larger one filled with water, to create a double boiler (see picture below). While stirring, cook on low for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and beat until thick and light yellow colored.
  3. Take your mascarpone cheese and beat it into the yolk mixture until well combined.
  4. Then, slightly fold the mascarpone mixture in the whipped cream mixture. Set aside.
  5. Mix the cold coffee with the amaretto. Slightly, dip the lady fingers into the mixture, not for long. Do not soak them at all!
  6. Arrange the lady fingers in a big enough dish or whatever you have on hand. I used a nice deep bowl. You can use an 8 inch dish to fit them too.
  7. Add some of the mascarpone cream filling over the lady fingers.
  8. Repeat process: add another layer of lady fingers and then the mascarpone cream.
  9. Refrigerate overnight
  10. Right before you serve the Tiramisu, dust it with cocoa to give it a nice finish!

Double Broiler

Check out the original recipe here

No comments: