Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Ginger Bread Cake

Yesterday I was craving an allspice kind of cake and ran into a great recipe. Anything from muffins, breads, cakes, etc..., allspice recipes are my favorite kinds of recipes. They are great in the morning with coffee/tea or as a delicious dessert that is not too sweet or too full of chocolate. They are also great as a little snack and I love spreading butter all over the top, yum! I also add a hint of walnuts to add that nutty taste to your palate. Allspice cakes remind me of fall and the beginning of winter. It's something that can comfort you and make you feel warm and cozy. Are you getting hungry yet?!

This recipe was asking for a bundt cake and I did not have one handy so I used an angel food cake pan and it turned out great. The recipe also said to bake for 35 minutes using a bundt pan but since I used an angel food cake pan it took longer to bake.





Ingredients:

  • 3 cups flour
  • ½ teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ½ teaspoon allspice
  • ½ teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 2 teaspoons ginger
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/4 cup molasses
  • 1 cup whole milk
  • 1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)

1. Combine dry ingredients together in bowl and set aside

2. In mixer combine butter and sugar until creamy. Add the eggs, on at a time. Add the molasses and milk next and mix until combined.

3. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture slowly!

4. Mix in the walnuts and out in angel food cake pan.

5. Bake for 45 minutes to an hour at 350 degrees or until fork comes out clean. I checked at 35 minutes and it was still not done.

* You can add powdered sugar on top for decoration

No comments: