Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Paleo Banana Walnut Bread

This is a paleo banana bread recipe that turn out fantastic. Seriously, I thought paleo recipes would turn out dry with no flavor but it has been the complete opposite for me. I guess it all depends on what ingredients you use in your paleo recipe that can either make it or break it. I love this new change in my life. I don't feel as guilty eating desserts like I use to. Go paleo!

This recipe has all natural ingredients without any junk in them. I used honey instead of sugar, almond flour instead of wheat, and coconut oil instead of olive oil. Basically I turned my old banana bread recipe into a more healthier version just by tweeking the ingredients.





Ingredients:

1 heaping spoonful coconut oil

1/4 raw honey

2 ripe bananas 

2 eggs

1 tsp vanilla extract

1 cup almond flour

3/4 tsp baking powder

3/4 tsp baking soda

Pinch salt

1 tsp cinnamon

1/4 tsp nutmeg

1/4 tsp cloves

Handful of almonds


Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees

2. Melt honey and coconut oil and mix together.

3. In medium bowl mix the eggs. Add the mashed bananas to the eggs and combine. Pour in the honey and coconut mixture and mix until combined. Next add the vanilla extract and mix.

4. In a small bowl add the dry ingredients except the walnuts and mix together.

5. Mix the dry ingredients with the wet. Add the walnuts in and mix until combined.

6. Butter the bottom and sides of a loaf pan and pour mixture in. Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

(I also love adding in chocolate chips into this recipe but did not have any on hand!)




4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this recipe and make it allllllll the time! It's so easy and YUM!

TC said...

Yes, it's very simple and easy! Glad we enjoy the same recipe :)

Blogger said...

Are You Having Trouble FOLLOWING with the Paleo Diet?

Do you want to munch on healthy tasty recipes as soon as TONIGHT?

Get your awesome Paleohacks Cookbook.

Blogger said...

3 Studies PROVE Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

This means that you literally burn fat by eating coconut fat (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 studies from large medical magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!