Sunday, September 29, 2013

My Wedding

My three year anniversary is coming up here, October 9th to be exact. My hubby and I got married on the 10th of October 2010, 10-9-10!

It was a beautiful day with a high in the mid 80's. What more can a bride want! Everything came together wonderfully on my wedding day. No real complications.

I still can not believe how fast the years have gone by. It seems just yesterday we were getting ready for our big day. We had about 350 people at our wedding and you might think how we could have ever afforded that. Well, let me tell you we had a lot of help from family. You can have a fabulous yet affordable wedding, you just have to be smart about it and do some research.

Since my husband comes from an enormous family, the women usually make all the food by hand. Skipping out on catering saved us a lot of money.

We also had a lot of people help out with decorating and let me tell you there are some talented people out there willing to help.

I also purchased a lot of things off of Craigslist such as candle holders and center pieces for the tables. My uncle also works for a company that sells flowers so I got a discount on all the flowers for the ceremony and reception which was really nice and affordable.

We purchased all the plates, glasses, silverware and some decor from a rental company in Minneapolis called Midway Party. It has a lot of options to pick from. Check around your area to see if there are rental places where you can just rent out all the items.
My husbands aunt also rents out table cloths and chair covers and she gave us a discount. I would recommend asking around to see if friends of friends have items that you need.

Our photographer was from a different state and we only paid $400 for him. We really did not want to spend an arm and a leg on our wedding so we did some research and found our photographer through a friend.

Doing your own makeup can also save you money. There is no one that knows your makeup quite like you do. I tried different types of colors a week before my wedding and went with a more natural look. There is nothing worse than looking fake and not yourself on your wedding day.

I also created my own bouquet and the bridesmaids bouquets. I watched many YouTube videos and read some articles online. You can do it yourself if you practice a little and do a little research. It really isn't that hard.

Here are some photos from my wedding that could help you on your wedding.


No comments: