Monday, September 30, 2013

Favorite Summer Burger

Recently I have been craving burgers and fries. I honestly I don't know why. Maybe it's the fact that summer is ending and I wont be able to grill anymore. Since we live in the state of Minnesota, I really can't tell you the weather from one day to the next. It can go from 40 degrees to 80 in a matter of days. I am not looking forward to winter at all! I really hope it will be a very mild winter this year, fingers crossed. I love Minnesota minus the winters.

Here is my favorite summer burger:

I start with nice grass fed beef, nicely done (medium), on the grill. I buy the burgers at Trader Joes and they are delicious. I can actually enjoy a burger without feeling guilty that I'm eating beef with so much junk in them. Then I toast the bread buns and add a hint of garlic to them. Next I put my leafy artisan lettuce on the burger. Then come the juicy tomatoes and let me tell you they are nothing like the store bought. What better way to use up your tomatoes in the garden than to put them on a mouth watering burger. I then top it off with sweet onions, pickles ( I get these delicious pickles in brine at Whole Foods and let me tell you those babies go quickly in our house), feta cheese, ketchup, and mustard! Yummy!





No comments: